I probably don’t need to tell you that life gets pretty hectic sometimes. It’s easy to get lost in the flow of things and lose focus on what’s really important. That’s why it’s good to stop and take a moment to think about the people you love, the things you just can’t live without, and those small moments that get lost in the shuffle. In honor of Thanksgiving, I’ve compiled a list of my biggest reasons to be grateful.
Also, please feel free to leave a comment about what you are thankful for!
1. My fun, loving, energetic, crazy boys; four year old Carter and one year old Cameron.
2. My mother, father, step-mother and step-father.
3. My handsome, supportive boyfriend, Tyler.
4. My siblings Jessica, Mason, Chassidy, Caden, Mia, Isaiah, and my closest sibling Sydney, who passed away in August of 2017.
5. My grandparents.
6. The rest of my family (It’s a big one!)
7. Iced Coffee.
8. Really, any kind of coffee.
10. My best friend of 11 years, Meta.
11. The health of my children.
12. My comfy bed.
13. Cellphones (team iphone, sorry not sorry.)
14. Getting lost in a good book.
15. Any reason to celebrate.
16. My own amazing sense of humor (thanks to my wonderful family.)
17. My 2007 Nissan Altima.
18. Life lessons.
19. Free Wifi.
20. My kids’ babysitter, Sally.
21. The public school system.
22. Access to clean water.
23. That feeling when you laugh so hard you cry.
24. Alcohol after a very difficult week.
25. The ability to chase my dreams.
26. Game nights with friends and family.
27. The Internet.
28. Warm, fuzzy blankets.
29. My family’s delicious cinnamon roll recipe.
30. Inside jokes.
31. My niece, Jaelyn and my nephew, Davis.
32. My furry nephew, Doug.
34. Cats too!
35. Okay, any kind of fur baby.
36. Actual babies.
37. Breakfast food.
38. Pilot G-2 pens (my all time fave!)
39. Eating so much delicious food on Thanksgiving that you have to break out your fat pants.
40. Which brings me to.. yoga pants.
42. Amazon Prime.
43. Late night, deep conversations.
44. Camp fires.
45. Camp fire pies.
46. Pie in general.
47. The feeling of loving and being loved in return.
48. When you go to merge onto the interstate and there is a perfectly timed gap just for you.
49. Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner.
50. Fuzzy socks.
51. Long road trips.
52. Singing your heart out in the car.
54. Family Vacations. (Photo throwback to 2011 when my family and I went indoor skydiving during a family vacay)
55. When my kids randomly say “I love you, Mommy” (Cue melting heart)
56. Raw cookie dough.
57. Cuddling up to a favorite movie.
58. The fresh smell of a real Christmas tree.
59. My creativity.
61. The sound of the ocean.
62. A perfectly timed Spongebob quote.
63. The difficult times in my life that have helped to build my character.
64. That one song that always makes you feel better.
65. Old photos with people I’ve lost.
66. Modern medicine.
67. Having something to look forward to.
68. My intuition.
69. Laughing and playing with my kids.
70. Work friends.
72. Home-cooked meals
73. My hometown, Beloit, WI
74. The color pink.
76. Cool breeze on a hot day.
79. A yummy bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream
80. Future lessons to be learned